The body of doctrine, myth, belief, etc., that guides an individual, social movement, institution, class, or large group.
Such a body of doctrine, myth, etc., with reference to some political and social plan, along with the devices for putting it into operation.
A theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capital, land, etc., in the community as a whole.
An economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, esp. as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth.
The disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
A political or social philosophy advocating the freedom of the individual, parliamentary systems of government, nonviolent modification of political, social, or economic institutions to assure unrestricted development in all spheres of human endeavor, and governmental guarantees of individual rights and civil liberties.
The American Dream Began with A Declaration of Independence
A vision of an America…to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them…
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Modern American Ideologies
- Deregulation, the abandoning of structure
- Corporate bailouts
- Unequal distributions of wealth
- A Government for sale lobbying system
- Propaganda campaigns to divide the united; by use of ideologies–religion, race, socio-economics, politics and social issues
- War for special interests
- The American dream deferrment, the American people suffer
- Congress ignors America for political gain
- The American people demand change; taking protests to hard copy, the internet and to the streets of America
A More Perfect Union
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. We want:
- Congress and the people to find a meeting of the minds
- Restoration of the American Dream
- Establishment of justice by prosecuting wrong doers regardless, to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, status of public official, disability, age, sexual orientation or affectional preference and military status.
- Active promotion of the general Welfare of the American people through programs and policies that directly benefit us. Health care, corporate regulation, consumer protection, homeland employment opportunities, educational benefits and small business growth and entrepreneurship.
- Insurance of domestic tranquility, by stopping the political campaigning that serves to divide the states, by use of ideologies–religion, race, socio-economics, geographical location, politics (conservatism and liberalism) and through social issues (i.e. gay marriage, abortion, etc. ).
With decent respect to the opinions of all mankind… secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity… for the purpose of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, for all.
Without haste, American government, we, the people, ask, that you conform to the original plan for America.
Send your public officials “a more perfect union”.