Christmas is suppose to be about celebrating the birth of Christ and helping our fellow-man. Many American citizens who are not Christian celebrate Christmas. They like the festive atmosphere, parties and holiday decorations. We all get sucked into buying gifts and shopping during this time of year. Why not celebrate this year in the spirit of good will, giving and caring for our fellow citizens along with going back to celebrating in the spirit of the days of our fore fathers? Let’s all say, hey congress we care even if you don’t seem to.
For this holiday season for the best interest of American citizens struggling to make ends meet, or to get through another day of joblessness and hopelessness everywhere across our nation. Let’s, the rest of us still surviving the economic crisis throw a financial revolt by not buying into the consumerism of the holidays. Basically, only purchase what we essentially need and leave the cheap Chinese crap on the shelves. Beforehand writing or calling congress, making it clear if they don’t start doing something proactive that we can see or approve of to help the plight of ordinary Americans over Wall Street or the Banking Industry then this country can look for other ways to make up for the GDP losses else where. Hey congress, get it from the banking industry or Wall Street.
The 12 Days of Christmas
- Gasoline financial blackout
- Credit card revolt (apply for no new cards, pay off balances if you can, tell them you are canceling the account and cutting up the cards–and if you feel like it, everyone, in mass unison skip payments).
- No purchasing of unneccessary junk items for the holidays, especially on Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving.
- Real estate purchase avoidance
- Utility green days–turn the power down, light candles, light a fireplace, layer up and consume less energy
- No stock trading
- Bank record withdrawal day (should create a banking paperwork nightmare even if we re-deposit the money on or at a later date)
- Mass write congress and tell them what we really think day
- Ignore media day prompting low ratings for all networks (turn the tv off for one day during a crucial ratings time)
- Drop off all our un-needed and un-used items to local charities that cater to the homeless or that provide, food, clothes or shelter for struggling or poor Americans. Food banks in hardest hit American communities-Detroit Food Bank, Los Angeles Food Bank, Miami Food Bank, Las Vegas Food Bank, Atlanta Food Bank and national organizations Catholic Charities, Salvation Army and Feeding America
- Invite someone in need to share the holidays with you or your family.
- Give a cash donation to a shelter- Homeless Shelter Directory
During the 12 days of Christmas another American gave to me…food, clothing and shelter, lobbying for me. Lowering of GDP, stock market crashing with no stock market trading. Poor media ratings, no unneccessary purchasing and bank withdrawing. Another day of hope, survival and possible future job for me. Happy Holidays from the citizens of America!
Spread the word and good cheer! Click here to view the: During the 12 days of Christmas youtube video.